Recipe of the Week: Steel-Cut Overnight Oats
Looking for a healthy grab-and-go, cold weather breakfast that can be changed daily? Look no further than the recipe below.
Steel-Cut Overnight Oats
1/4 cup steel cut oats and 1 cup water (makes one serving)
pinch of salt
1. Boil water, salt and oats together for 10 minutes
2. Pour into a mason jar and cover tightly
3. Let oatmeal sit out on the counter for an hour and then put in the fridge
4. In the morning reheat in the microwave or in a saucepan on the stove. Add water or milk with reheating as needed.
Oatmeal keeps up to one week
- Pictured above: apples with cinnamon, cranberries, raisins, toasted walnuts with maple syrup and brown sugar
- Raisins, cinnamon and brown sugar
- Apples, pears, dried cranberries and sliced almonds
- Banana, flaxseeds and cinnamon
What are your favorite oatmeal toppings?