Kitchen Tip: How to Roast Red Peppers
Roasting pepper lends a depth of flavor and versatility to this kitchen staple.
1. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees
2. Place pepper on a rimmed baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil (don’t forget the bottom!)
3. Place in oven for 30-35 minutes until skin begins to blacken
4. Remove from oven, place in a bowl and cover with plastic wrap
5. After peppers have cooled peel skin and remove seeds
I used roasted peppers and tomatoes in a delicious sauce from the Candle 79 cookbook this weekend. They are also perfect for adding to tomato sauce or mixing into hummus for a dressed up appetizer.